NINKOVIC STICKS WITH SYDNEY FC

Grand Final hero and Johnny Warren Medalist Milos Ninkovic has agreed to remain with the latest A-League winners Sydney FC for at least another year, according to reports in Australia.


The club just equalled a three-time record after defeating Melbourne Victory to win the Hyundai A-League Championship.

Barely two days after Sydney lifted the title, there were reports that Ninkovic would extend his deal with the club. The Serbian is set to be the international marquee player for yet another year as he agreed to stay.

“Sydney FC has undoubtedly raised the bar with our record breaking season and we want to continue to set the benchmark. Milos Ninkovic has had a fantastic season and is a key player in the success we have achieved at Sydney FC.

“We want to build a legacy in football in this country and by keeping our very best players, we are taking a huge step towards that aim,” the chair of the club Scott Barlow said confirming the deal. Continue reading NINKOVIC STICKS WITH SYDNEY FC

German Football Impact by Terrorist Attack

It could have turned out to be the darkest day of German Football if the ill intention of the terrorists had been fulfilled on Tuesday, but, fortunately, the damage remained limited to just an injury to a player for which everyone should be thankful to the almighty.


When Borussia Dortmund, one of the top flight teams in Germany, was transported to their home stadium to take on the visitors Monaco in the first leg of the Round of 8 tie of the European Cup, three back to back blasts took place in a space of few seconds as the bus was crossing through a locality called Hoechsten.

It was absolutely horrifying for the players being seated in the bus at that time as they had no idea what happened and what it was going to lead to. One of the players named Roman Burki shared his experience and according to him, the first reaction of the players was just to get into a safe position somehow and most of them got down on their chests as nobody was sure how many more blasts were in store. Continue reading German Football Impact by Terrorist Attack

Joachim Low does not agree with the expansion to 48 teams of the World Cup

Starting from the 2026 edition of the FIFA World Cup, that tournament will be experiencing a significant change as it has already been announced that the amount of teams participating in the biggest football competition in the world will be increasing as it goes from having 32 teams to 48 teams.


Even though this change still has not kicked off and it will take a few years before it’s even implemented, this decision has already received mixed feedback with some influential figures in the world of football stating that it’s a good decision as this will allow more room for diversity as more national teams will have the chance to compete in the FIFA World Cup.

However, not everyone is as happy about this change as there are managers and players that have expressed their disapproval and one of these figures who has recently voiced his thoughts was Germany’s Joachim Low.

According to the head coach of Germany, Joachim Low believes that allowing these many teams will lower the quality of the tournament as he said: “We must be clear that the quality of football could suffer in the long term.

We must be careful not to overdo it. World Cups and European Championships should feature the best teams. When you keep increasing the number of teams, you dilute the quality. In my opinion, from a sporting perspective, the tournament is perfect with 32 teams.”

The 2014 World Cup winner insists in saying that this expansion to 48 teams will hugely lower the quality of the tournament and in the long term it’s going to bring a much more negative effect than anything else.

The actual amount of players that will be able to participate in the 2026 FIFA World Cup is going to increase by 50% but the tournament in itself will still have a duration of 32 days and the finalists are still going to be playing a maximum of 7 matches. The only real big difference that will be done is the amount of teams as everything else will remain relatively unchanged.

Matthaus Admits Mesut Ozil Is World-Class

Germany legend LotharMatthaus says that Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil is on his way to becoming one of the world class midfielders.


Only a few months ago, the former Germany captain claimed that Ozil was too inconsistent and was even going into hiding at several times during a game. The 28-year-old midfielder came to Arsenal in £42 million deal from Real Madrid in the summer of 2013. His statistics with the gunners has been almost identical to his days at the Spanish club. Many have criticised the decision of manager Arsene Wenger to sign the player, as many feel that the money could have been well spent elsewhere.

Ozil is entering into the final 18 months of his contract with Arsenal and there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding his future. The midfielder has claimed that he would stay at the Emirates Stadium only if the future of Wenger was sorted out. It is highly anticipated that he leaves Arsenal, he will be heading to Manchester United to be reunited with his former boss Jose Mourinho. Continue reading Matthaus Admits Mesut Ozil Is World-Class

CAHILL LAST MAN STANDING AFTER UCL WIN

Englishman Gary Cahill deserves to be celebrated as he is officially the last man standing from the crop of Chelsea players that defied the odds to win the UEFA Champions League in 2012. Stamford Bridge was lit as they achieved a long term dream and joined the elite clubs in Europe to have being crowned best club in Europe.

Didider Drogba, after scoring the winning penalty kick, left the club even though he returned for their EPL winning season under Jose Mourinho before leaving again. However the former Ivory Coast international double cemented his status as a legend. Continue reading CAHILL LAST MAN STANDING AFTER UCL WIN

Ancelotti Won’t Change Formation despite First League Defeat

Bayern Munich suffered a shock 1-0 defeat against archrivals Borussia Dortmund away from home.


This was the first defeat of the season for Bayern Munich, but it raised a lot of questions with regard to the formation and personnel. Manager Carlo Ancelotti opted for a three-man attack against Dortmund, and it was clear that the opposition took advantage of the gaps in the defence. However, Ancelotti has confirmed that there will be no change in the formation when the club take on Rostov in the Champions League. The Russian outfit have been hugely disappointing in the group stages after having taken only one point from their opening four matches.

It is expected to be a comfortable working the park for Bayern, who are in danger of missing out on the top spot. Atletico Madrid lead the group with four victories out of four, and it would take something special for Bayern to top the group now.

They should be ready to take advantage of any dropped points from Atletico. Since, Ancelotti is rumoured to have contemplated a switch in formation for the game against Rostov. The Italian says that there will be no such occurrences on Wednesday night. Despite coming in with a front three of Franck Ribery, Thomas Müller, and Robert Lewandowski, the team failed to find the back of the net.

“We played with three attackers against Dortmund and we won’t change this system for Rostov.Of course, we can play better than we did on Saturday and I’m sure we will show this tomorrow. We have to play when it’s cold and when it’s hot.If we are focused on the game, the temperature isn’t important. Rostov played well here against Atletico and PSV Eindhoven. We’ll have to play well and give 100 percent to win,” said Ancelotti.