Arsenal legend-turned-pundit Ian Wright has hit back at German international Mesut Ozil following his public criticism of the club’s ex-players earlier in the week.
The World Cup winner urged them to ‘stop talking and start supporting’ following numerous statements made by former players regarding the current state of the squad.
Wright has never shied away from expressing his views over the Gunners, and he branded the German’s thought as ‘laughable’. He added to question why the attacker has not signed a fresh contract with the Gunners if he feels so strongly about the situation.Speaking on BBC Radio 5, he said: “It’s laughable. We’re not talking about a team charging up the league, we’re talking about a team that’s under-performing. It’s not just the team, it’s the people in the boardroom, the manager, everybody.”
Wright, who is the Gunners’ second highest goal getter of all time behind Thierry Henry, accused the 28-year-old of hiding behind Alexis Sanchez, whose future remains another topic of discussion this season, he added: “Sign a contract if you feel that strongly about people criticising the team because you’re someone who’s integral to Arsenal’s success. You’re going to continue to hide behind Sanchez. Why haven’t you signed yet? That’s what I would say to you. If you feel that strongly, why haven’t you signed yet?” Continue reading Ian Wright hits back at Mesut Ozil with stinging criticism
Arsenal are prepared to part ways with defender Shkodran Mustafi this summer following an average first season at the club.
The Germany international joined the Gunners from Valencia for £35m last summer, and many expected him to settle alongside Laurent Koscielny at the heart of the defence.
The 24-year-old made a good start to his Gunners’ career with no defeats in his first 22 games, but things therein became worse for the former Evertonian as he found himself at fault in gruelling losses against the likes of Watford and West Bromwich Albion. Mustafi had his first piece of first-team action this term in the 1-0 away defeat to Stoke City, and The Sun suggests that this may be his last appearance in his Gunners career.
Arsene Wenger’s side have already turned down a loan approach from Inter Milan for the German’s signature but it is said that they would be willing to do business, if they manage to recoup the entire £35m paid to Los Che a year ago. Continue reading Arsenal prepared to offload German defender for £35m
European football powerhouse Germany have continued their impressive run as expected in the World Cup qualifying campaign.
The coach Joachim Low made several changes to the usual lineup but the team thrashed San Marino 7-0.
Julian Draxler was the skipper. He scored in the 11th minute before Wagner doubled the tally. Wagner got another in his first competitive game for Germany and then Amin Younes added another to make it 4-0 before the break.
Arsenal defender ShkodranMustafi scored the fifth after the break before Julian Brandt added his. It was Brandt’s first international goal for Die Mannschaft. Wagner scored with a header five minutes from time to complete a hat trick.
Low started Barcelona first choice Marc-Andre terStegen. The keeper is one of the five changes to the team that played a 1-1 draw against Denmark on Tuesday. Joshua Kimmich was impressive on the night as well.
The result see Germany restore their five point lead in Group C. Northern Ireland follow after their 1-0 victory against Azerbaijan courtesy of stoppage time goal by Stuart Dallas. In the same group, Czech Rep played a 1-1 draw against Norway. This leaves Czech four points from Northern Ireland. Theodor Gebre Selassie scored in the first half but a penalty from Alexander Soderlund restored parity. Continue reading GERMANY CONTINUE 100 PERCENT RECORD IN QUALIFIER
Grand Final hero and Johnny Warren Medalist Milos Ninkovic has agreed to remain with the latest A-League winners Sydney FC for at least another year, according to reports in Australia.
The club just equalled a three-time record after defeating Melbourne Victory to win the Hyundai A-League Championship.
Barely two days after Sydney lifted the title, there were reports that Ninkovic would extend his deal with the club. The Serbian is set to be the international marquee player for yet another year as he agreed to stay.
“Sydney FC has undoubtedly raised the bar with our record breaking season and we want to continue to set the benchmark. Milos Ninkovic has had a fantastic season and is a key player in the success we have achieved at Sydney FC.
“We want to build a legacy in football in this country and by keeping our very best players, we are taking a huge step towards that aim,” the chair of the club Scott Barlow said confirming the deal. Continue reading NINKOVIC STICKS WITH SYDNEY FC
It could have turned out to be the darkest day of German Football if the ill intention of the terrorists had been fulfilled on Tuesday, but, fortunately, the damage remained limited to just an injury to a player for which everyone should be thankful to the almighty.
When Borussia Dortmund, one of the top flight teams in Germany, was transported to their home stadium to take on the visitors Monaco in the first leg of the Round of 8 tie of the European Cup, three back to back blasts took place in a space of few seconds as the bus was crossing through a locality called Hoechsten.
It was absolutely horrifying for the players being seated in the bus at that time as they had no idea what happened and what it was going to lead to. One of the players named Roman Burki shared his experience and according to him, the first reaction of the players was just to get into a safe position somehow and most of them got down on their chests as nobody was sure how many more blasts were in store. Continue reading German Football Impact by Terrorist Attack
Starting from the 2026 edition of the FIFA World Cup, that tournament will be experiencing a significant change as it has already been announced that the amount of teams participating in the biggest football competition in the world will be increasing as it goes from having 32 teams to 48 teams.
Even though this change still has not kicked off and it will take a few years before it’s even implemented, this decision has already received mixed feedback with some influential figures in the world of football stating that it’s a good decision as this will allow more room for diversity as more national teams will have the chance to compete in the FIFA World Cup.
However, not everyone is as happy about this change as there are managers and players that have expressed their disapproval and one of these figures who has recently voiced his thoughts was Germany’s Joachim Low.
According to the head coach of Germany, Joachim Low believes that allowing these many teams will lower the quality of the tournament as he said: “We must be clear that the quality of football could suffer in the long term.
We must be careful not to overdo it. World Cups and European Championships should feature the best teams. When you keep increasing the number of teams, you dilute the quality. In my opinion, from a sporting perspective, the tournament is perfect with 32 teams.”
The 2014 World Cup winner insists in saying that this expansion to 48 teams will hugely lower the quality of the tournament and in the long term it’s going to bring a much more negative effect than anything else.
The actual amount of players that will be able to participate in the 2026 FIFA World Cup is going to increase by 50% but the tournament in itself will still have a duration of 32 days and the finalists are still going to be playing a maximum of 7 matches. The only real big difference that will be done is the amount of teams as everything else will remain relatively unchanged.